Front Page › ITU Voices › 6 Weeks to Clarity › WEEK 4: Building Traction and Creating Momentum › Reply To: WEEK 4: Building Traction and Creating Momentum
Paul McLanathanMemberNovember 17, 2021 at 5:52 am
Life category: Intellectual
What are your root beliefs about this area in your life?
* I am a writer. If I consistently practice my craft it will lead me towards a path of fulfillment.
What’s something you recently quit that in hindsight that you wish you would have stuck with?
* Investment analysis. I regressed back into a degenerate gambler, and realized too late to correct my errors.
What are some of your fixed mindset triggers in this space?
* Trying to be right instead of getting it right.
What habit(s) do you have that you’ve always wanted to change but are convinced are permanent?
* I don’t deserve/haven’t earned the right to do something else, and/or it will take too much time to get good enough at something else.
If your envisioned future is at a scale of 10, where do you stand in this area in terms of progress and passion?
* Progress – 3 , Passion – 2
Life category: Financial
* I worked hard to attain my current lot. I don’t need to justify what I deserve or don’t to anyone but myself.
* Business leadership. I preferred to follow blindly.
* I’m a fraud and I would rather fail without trying than fail and learn something (the definition of false growth mindset).
* That I can teach and motivate others to reach their potential.
* Progress – 2, Passion – 1
Life category: Social
* I have made many mistakes, but I am willing to learn. If given an opportunity I will always express gratitude.
* Moving to a new city. I didn’t want it bad enough.
* Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (toxic negativity).
* That I will never be the life of the party/meeting.
* Progress – 1 , Passion 3
Life category: Physical
* I am hopelessly average, but I can attain what I desire with a growth mindset.
* Working out 5 times a week (deprioritized).
* No one appreciates my dedication to going hard.
* That potential mates find me unattractive.
* Progress – 5 , Passion 4
Life category: Spiritual
*I am enough, I value process.
*Meditated at least 10 minutes a day for over 100 days straight.
* I don’t know enough about anything to help others.
*That I could never be competent enough to teach others how they can develop their own practice.
* Progress – 4 , Passion – 5
Note: I ranked each subcategory at a maximum of 5.