Front Page › ITU Voices › 6 Weeks to Clarity › WEEK 2: Life Category: Adventure, courage › Reply To: WEEK 2: Life Category: Adventure, courage
Ryan BradleyMemberOctober 23, 2021 at 11:34 am
Great questions Aleks. This is one of my categories as well. Here we go…
1. Why do I value this?
- I value adventure because I value new experiences. I know, deep down that novelty is important to my life and overall well-being. Adventure to me also means freedom. To have the ability to choose my own adventure.
2. How do I make it easy to spend time on?
- Hard question…Let’s think about this for a second and see what comes up for me. The first thing that pops into my head is to make sure I am in a position to say to adventure. To make sure that my life is designed in a way that will allow me to say yes to those adventures that interest me most. For me, that starts with minimalism. A focus on experience over the material. This will allow me to stay flexible with the financial opportunities that come my way and not be forced into situations where I will not be responsible for my own time. (A little stream of consciousness writing for this one)
3. Is this value born out of good or bad/is it good or bad?
- Man, another great question. For me, I know that it is a little bit of both since, as Tom likes to quote Shakespeare, “Nothing is either food or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
- My want for adventure might come from a place of my fear of commitment. There is a sense of certainty I get from being uncertain. If you know what I mean.
4. If no one knew about me expressing this value, would I still do it?
5. Do I enjoy spending time on this?
- YES! One of my favorite parts of traveling is the uncomfortable feeling of being a stranger in a “strange” land. Connecting with other travelers has always been an enriching experience as well.