MemberOctober 21, 2021 at 7:43 pm
1. What are the top two things currently limiting my business right now?
a. My time spent on the business instead of working; and
b. My CEO persona and social presence.
2. What are three concrete steps I can take this week to help remove those limitations, this week?
a. Free up some time to do QuickBooks;
b. make a list of things that would improve my social persona.
c. Update my LinkedIn account.
3. What public business persona would I like to have?
a. Athletic, but lean and healthy; not buffed
b. High energy, but calm high energy
c. Prepared for action like a Navy SEAL.
d. Fast, efficient, but schedule in slow time to avoid overwhelm.
e. Avoid assholes; reward good people.
f. Intelligent; so intelligent that its obvious my goals are gigantic and my standards are way above anyone else’s.
g. Have a clear mission statement for the business.
h. Have a personal life that is so defined and clear/clean that I’m not worried if business people discover details of it.
i. Be a positive influence, good energy so that people want to be around me, and enjoy it.
4. What would I do if someone said I only had 5 years left to work, and then I would be forced to retire and live off of the savings I had when the 5 years finished?
With 5 years, I would expand the SSHO/QCM rental lines to go nationwide, get my good employees to help train the guys, and then travel and visit them (work/play combo). When the 5 years were up, I would sell the business to a larger staffing company. I would also buy enough real estate to generate residual income so I could live off it. And I would get the 8a approved, partner with a large business, and let them run the entire thing while I retire.
5. What would I do if someone said I only had 2 years left to work? I would get the 8a, partner with a larger business, then sell my small business to someone. I would also use existing profits to buy real estate and get residual money. I would also work my ass off; might as well if I only have two years left to work.