MemberOctober 21, 2021 at 7:32 pm
1. What can I do that would help bring my emotions and underlying narratives to the surface?
2. How can I express my kind, caregiving, human side on a daily basis, despite the fact that I am living alone and working from home?
3. What experiences can I create for myself every day that make me feel connected to the community where I live?
Yo Tommy! Lady L from Sydney Australia.
I like your questions brother!
1. Meditation and journalling is really helpful for me. I use the free app Google Keep as my journal. And asking “but why” 5 times in a row is also useful ????
2. Maybe you can connect in-person, over the phone, or via chat/email with someone you love or care about (deeply or even slightly) and make it a goal of yours to show genuine kindness to them. When I communicate on the phone, via email or chat -i always use emoji’s as they emphasise my expression/human side more (hence that laughing face above in point 1)
3. I struggle with this one too!
Find local groups via Facebook, Meetups with similar interests e.g. fitness/walking group, book club, business owner groups
Start a Facebook group for locals near you to share in the group about your chosen topic. For me, it’d be about fitness. This would be a less intimidating way for people to get to know each other. Later on you can organise online or in-person catch ups to further develop those relationships