Front Page › ITU Voices › 6 Weeks to Clarity › WEEK 1: Finding Connection to Your Inner Self › Reply To: WEEK 1: Finding Connection to Your Inner Self
Jonathon DuganMemberOctober 17, 2021 at 2:20 pm
5. What have I been interested in since childhood?
– Since childhood I knew I wanted to help others. I didn’t know how exactly, but I knew I was here to help. I would stick up for those who couldn’t defend themselves. I made it “cool” for cool kids to be nice to the unpopular. I empowered others from the start. I left little breadcrumbs everywhere for me to get where I am today.
1. What do I want to be remembered for?
– This question is dear to my heart. I began to contemplate this on a deeper level after my childhood friend passed away. I asked myself, “If I was to trade places with Michael, would I be proud of the life I lived?” The answer to that question was an absolute No! I had played it safe my whole life, never wanting to leave my comfortable white picket fence. I was asking about legacy. My friend showed me my deepest fear. It was not fear of dying, but rather dying without fully living.
4. What do I have in common with that list of people?
– We want to make a difference in the world. The pursuit is more important than the destination. We believe potential is limitless. We see a bright future full of hope, opportunity, and actualization.
3. What things do I do that I tend to regret later?
– Waiting. Waiting to take action. Not capitalizing on inspired momentum. Allowing myself to get distracted. Not asking for help.