My Dashboard Forums Self-Narrative Repetitions on Identity Statement Reply To: Repetitions on Identity Statement

• Jason Doedderlein

December 30, 2021 at 7:07 pm

Mark,

Thanks for starting this! Such an important topic. I immediately identified it when I entered “the discussion pages”. I’m excited to hear what new information comes in as more people find it.

I agree, sticky notes are minimally helpful, though not unhelpful. I used to have a sticky note over the tachometer in my car and that would do a decent job of signaling me, however, such things are easy to tune out in your environment.

I think the repetition either needs to be scheduled, such as in the morning doing a practice of writing out and saying your identity statements, or, like you did, attaching the statements to an anchor/trigger such that everytime that thing is encountered you are reminded to state your identity statement.

For me, largely from Tom, it is “I do what I say I am going to do, when I say I am going to do it, whether I want to or not”. I also have, “Strength, not weakness. Inner, not outer (focus on what is inside, not what is coming from the outside). Be the man in the tower (be the center, be the one that watches and course corrects, but is otherwise silent and present… these three are from an ayahuasca experience so I understand if it doesn’t make sense outside of myself).

Anyway, thank you so much for bringing this up! I am looking forward to see where this discussion goes and appreciate that you gave me the opportunity to revisit some of my statements.