My Dashboard Forums General Discussion Morning Routine Reply To: Morning Routine

• Maximilian Blochberger-Claus

December 30, 2021 at 9:12 am

Hey Mike,

Thank you for sharing your routine and your question! You definitely are doing a lot in the morning???? Now, other more driven members of this community may disagree with me and see no problem with your routine but here are my 2 cents:

You are doing a lot. A lot of different things. Each and everyone of your points is championed by someone as part of a good morning routine and it seems you decided to take them all. The more, the merrier, right? But, as I understand it, your morning routine should ground/anchor you and set the tone for the day to come, so that you can face the challenges with a calm mind and an energetic body.
    The question you have to ask yourself is ‘Does this routine actually do this for me?‘.

Just because Vishen says his meditation in the morning is fucking awesome doesn’t mean that it’s applicable to you. Just because Tom swears by cold showers in the morning doesn’t mean that it’s best for you.

All these things are tools for you. They have their benefits, they have their uses but you have to figure out how they best apply to your unique situation. Stacking them all on top of each other and doing them in the shortest time possible won’t necessarily translate to compounded effects. As you said, some days, they seem to exhaust you.

(I guess you could see this as part of a false growth mindset? positive thinking without accountability?)

Try out everything. Keep what works for you. Relinquish or repurpose the rest.

Don’t stick with something that’s not working for you just because some perceived auhtority said that it is the greatest bestest thing ever yadda yadda yadda.

Again, just my 2 cents. Hope it was heplful in some way.

You’re doing awesome!

Cheers!????